Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Three Quarters Dead by Richard Peck


Three “It” girls befriend a lowly 10th grader. They bring Kerry into their circle of friends and allow her share a little of their fame and notoriety. When an accident happens to the girls, Kerry is left reeling from the tragedy and all alone, until she gets a text from one of the girls. Now a dangerous adventure is in front of Kerry, and she has everything to lose.


This is a supernatural story, but it doesn’t become one until the middle of the book. It starts out as a story about a girl who is so desperate to be popular she sits close to the most popular people hoping some of their coolness will rub off on her. I read the book in one sitting and when it was done it’s hard to say how I felt. The book is interesting, and a quick read. It deals with realistic things like peer pressure and popularity. I’m glad I read it, but I’m not sure what to compare it to or who I would recommend it to. Read it yourself and post a comment. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Teen librarian living in Colorado.

Followers


Recent Comments