Monday, November 15, 2010

The Limit by Kristen Landon



In the not too distant future the government monitors our spending habits.  Families have a credit limit each month and if they go over it, their children are sent to workhouses to until the families can get under their limit.  As long as you pay attention and don’t spend too much your kids are safe. Matt’s family likes to buy stuff.  They never pay attention to their spending and when he ends up in the workhouse he finds out that the workhouse is not what it seems.
The idea for the book is innovative and original.  The ending was realistic without being hopeless, and I think a lot of teens would like to read the book.  I didn’t feel a connection to the characters and I’m not in live with the book, but I think it’s a matter of taste.  This is a good, easy read with a social conscience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Teen librarian living in Colorado.

Followers


Recent Comments