Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Every You, Every Me by David Levithan


Click here to find this book at your library.

Evan had a friend named Ariel. Ariel is gone now, but Evan starts finding photos that make him believe that she is back somehow and looking to get back at him. He becomes more and more paranoid as the photos pileup.


I picked up this book because I liked the idea of the story being told with photos as well as with the writing. The pictres are a little creepy and I wanted to see how they related to the story.  I read the book and I’m still not sure how I feel about it. Evan is the unreliable narrator. He writes things and then scratched them out, so the reader is never really certain of the truth. Weird is what I think about this book. It has received some starred reviews and a lot of people have liked the story. I guess I’m not really a fan of psychological thrillers because it left me feeling a little flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Teen librarian living in Colorado.

Followers


Recent Comments