Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sleepless by Thomas Fahy


After a school sponsored community service trip to New Orleans goes awry the teens all realize that they are not able to sleep. Emma and her friends, who were all on the trip, join a secret society run by their teacher, Dr. Beecher's. He thinks that by meeting they can talk about fine art and support each other. Soon classmates start turning up dead and they are trying to figure out who is doing the killing and why.


I thought I would love this book. The cover is so cool and I really liked one of Fahy’s other novels Unspoken, but this one just didn’t do it for me. For whatever reason, I just couldn’t get into the story or muster up any kind of sympathy for the characters. I know that a lot of other people really liked it. It is a thriller and if you like books that take lots of turns, and a story that jumps around, you might really enjoy this book. One teen liked it so much he made a book trailer that I have poster below. This book is definitely for an older teen crowd. There is some sexual content and swearing.

1 comment:

  1. Alright, I just wrote a review about this novel for my own book blog and I had the same reaction to it! The cover was great, but it just wasn't scary! I thought it was awesome that I found someone who agrees with me.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Teen librarian living in Colorado.

Followers


Recent Comments