Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Love Letter to James Howe


Dear James,
I love you for Pinky and Rex, for Bunnicula, and the Misfits.  I love you for Bobby and Joe, and especially Addie, who I see in the mirror nearly every day.  For being fearless and giving us three dimensional characters.  For making all of your characters read like the age that they are, and never compromising or giving in to sensationailsm.  For writing about the everyday so that people can see the drama in our regular lives.  For giving my book clubs, both teen and adult, something to talk about.  For all of these reasons and million more I can’t articulate, I love you.  
Thank you for all of the fun I had when I was a kid reading Bunnicula, and for all of the fun that the families I recommend those books to enjoy today.  Thank you for writing about real life and about vegetarian vampire bunnies.  Thank you for having characters we call all relate to.  You are a prince among men and an unparalleled writer.  
In short, you are lovely and I love you.
Sincerely 
Melissa aka Librarian Barbie 



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Teen librarian living in Colorado.

Followers


Recent Comments