Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Books to Get Your Book Club Started



When you are trying to get new members to build your book club you want to choose books that appeal to a wide variety of people.  You might also choose books that are about to become movies.  These high profile books are already popular and will attract a larger group. Here are a few of the books that I used when I was just starting my teen book club at the library where I work:
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld 
Maximum Ride by James Patterson
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer 
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan 
Coraline by Neil Gaiman
The Warriors Series by Erin Hunter
This is just a short list and there are a lot of other titles to choose from.  Just make sure you are choosing good books with a wide appeal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Teen librarian living in Colorado.

Followers


Recent Comments