Monday, September 20, 2010

Ask Amy Green: Boy Trouble by Sarah Webb







Set in Ireland this is the story of how Amy is dealing with her parents divorce, her changing friendships, and her own crazy lack of love life.  When her sixteen year old aunt becomes the advise columnist for a popular teen magazine she get Amy to help her get revenge on heartbreaking boys and mean girls.  All of the fun and excitement make for an interesting read and an good backdrop to the real story; the family drama of dealing with a divorce and step parents.  
The book was a fun read.  I liked the clever way that the Amy and her Aunt Clover deal with the crazy situations they find themselves in and how they help people through the advise column.   My only complaint about the book is the enormous amount of Irish slang.  It was a little distracting, but there is a glossary of slang in the back of the book.  Once I got used to the new slang the book was incredibly readable.  I recommend this book to girls who like realistic fiction and romance.  The main character is thirteen and the content is appropriate for teens 12 and up.  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Library Girl! Sorry about all the Irish slang - glad you figured it out!
    Best, Sarah Webb (in Ireland)
    My uncle lives in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to hear from the author! Maybe your uncle come to my library. That would be cool. I liked the 1st book and I can't wait to read the next one.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Teen librarian living in Colorado.

Followers


Recent Comments