Monday, August 16, 2010

The Turning Book 1: What Curiosity Kills by Helen Ellis




“Don’t worry Kitty, There’s no such thing as vampires.”  This is a great opening line for a book...What follows is Mary’s story.  When the stray cat brushes her legs with his tail,, and she starts to sprout orange fur, she knows that something about her is different.  When Nick, the super hot guy from school, tries to explain everything to her, she is exposed to the dangerous world of stray cats and New York back alleys.  Twilight fans will like the undercurrent of romance, and girls will like the varied strong female characters.  Fans of the Erin Hunter Warriors Series and everyone who likes felines will like this take on cat fiction.  
This was an interesting book.  The end was fun and a little cute.  This book is a quick and interesting read.  I loved Ms. Whiskers and all of the librarians.  It seems like this will be a series, since this one is called “Book 1”.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Librarian Girl,
    I have never commented on a review of my novel, but I was so impressed with the link to check the book out at local libraries I had to tell you. I've never seen such a link before and, as a regular library user and CU Boulder graduate, I felt compelled to say, "Rah, rah!"
    Thanks for your kind review,
    Helen Ellis

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Teen librarian living in Colorado.

Followers


Recent Comments