Saturday, July 24, 2010

Carter Finally Gets It by Brent Crawford



Carter is a freshman and this is the story of his first year in high school.  He stutters, freaks out around girls, and has ADD.  During the course of the year he drinks, meets a girl, and runs from the cops a couple of times.  This is a guys read from start to finish complete with female induced fantasies and crude humor.

This book was not for me.  I just couldn’t get into it. (Maybe because I’m not a guy and this is a real “guys” book.)  Don’t take my word for it because the book got great reviews from Booklist and other authors.  Read it and tell me what you think.  If you do like there is a sequel – Carter’s Big Break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Teen librarian living in Colorado.

Followers


Recent Comments